ISTS41 will be held in person, with variants according to the circumstances of the global health crisis. At all times, ISTS41 will follow the current international and national protocols recommended to avoid infection in face-to-face activities, which those who participate must comply with.
In accordance with the provisions of Colombian Migration, those who enter the country by air must:
- Have a complete vaccination schedule for COVID-19 (up to 14 days before arrival in Colombia).
- With an incomplete or null vaccination schedule, you must present a NEGATIVE PCR.
- Complete the “Check-Mig” form online before travelling.
- Keep in mind, in Colombia it is required to wear a mask during flights. Come prepared and bring some extra masks for the Symposium.
COVID-19 Recommendations and Precautions before, during, and after ISTS41
- Please wear a well-fitting mask DURING ALL of your travel!! Wear a mask even if your country or airline does not require it. If you take care of yourself during this critical time, you will be more likely to arrive healthy to Cartagena, and keep everyone else healthy.
- We will require a well-fitting mask for all indoor events. The current variant is the most transmissible one yet.
- Try to distance as much as practical during indoor events.
- When possible, choose to congregate in well-ventilated or outdoor spaces.
- If you feel slightly ill with any kind of symptoms, please ISOLATE and let the symposium organizing committee know ASAP. QR codes will be displayed throughout the venue, where you can anonymously report your symptoms, and we will immediately send a notification to all participants.
- Mask will be available at the registration desk and other key points.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed in every room.
- Microphones will be cleaned after every talk.
- For any suspect case of COVID-19, a rapid test (if available) will be provided as well as guidance as to where to go for a PCR test.
- If you have access to get at-home COVID-19 tests, please bring a few tests to Cartagena, for your personal use or in case a fellow participant needs it.
- PCR test in Cartagena:
- Departamento Administrativo de Salud de Cartagena DADIS
- In case of positive results, room isolation will be expected, and if the person happens to share a room with others, roommates who tested negative will be asked to wear a mask and keep their distance at all times.